PARADISE INN TERMS
General Policies & Terms
The Paradise Inn is a renovated 1800’s 10 room two storey Inn located on the beautiful sandy shores of Lake Huron in the town of Port Elgin Ontario. Seven of the rooms are located on the upper floor with three of those rooms having an outside balcony and the two front facing rooms with perfect beach and sunset viewing. The remaining three rooms are located on the main floor with one of those rooms being described as the Presidential Suite; a very large suite expanding the full width of the front of the building with full bath and private kitchen. All rooms can be viewed on our website www.paradiseinn.ca as each varies slightly depending on number and size of beds along with amenities.
Paradise Inn accepts bookings online only and with a bit of an AirBnb feel there is no front desk. Checkin instructions are received via email upon booking whereby the person creating the booking will receive a four digit code for entering the building along with instructions how to personally code your room door.
1. Check-in at the Inn is 3pm or later.
2. Check-out is 10am sharp on day of departure. Failure to depart before 10am can result in an additional half day charge.
3. Pre-payment via credit card is required upon booking.
4. If a third party makes the booking for the guest, he/she is liable to the Inn as the booking party together with the guest as joint debtor.
5. One parking spot is reserved with a booking free of charge at back parking lot. The Inn assumes no liability for loss of or damage to motor vehicles, bicycles or objects parked or maneuvered on the Inn’s property, more the contents thereof except in case of intent or gross negligence from the side of the Inn.
6. Housekeeping staff are not entering occupied rooms while there are Covid-19 concerns. Guests are asked to tie off garbage bags and place in garbage bins at the rear of the Inn
7. Extra towels have been provided for guests in their rooms and guests are asked to hang and re-use to be environmentally concious. If required, please feel free to make a towel exchange request to staff prior to noon while staff are on premise for those booking extended stays.
8. Smoking, vaping, marijuana use and pets are not permitted on the Inn property.
9. In the event of damage to your room, the cost of repairs and cleaning will be charged to the registered guest.
10. The cost of missing items (including towels) will be charged to the registered guest.
11. We encourage guests to have fun but recognize excessive noise above normal casual talk may be disturbing to other guests. If a noise complaint is received from another guest staying at our Inn you may be charged the full cost of the other party’s room. Please respect the privacy of others staying in the Inn.
12. Only registered guests are permitted in the Inn after 11pm.
13. Maximum occupancy in each room containing one bed is two persons and maximum occupancy in the two bed room is four persons unless discussed and permitted by owner. Maximum occupancy in the Presidential Suite is four persons unless pre-approved by owner. Guests must allow management or service access to the room for purposes of repair and inspection as deemed required by owner. We will exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and advise beforehand where possible.